Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Waiting for the tides.

Good morning and welcome all. Another wonderful day here in the Pacific Northwest while I have been fishing in Manchester Wa. Today like to talk a little bit about scoping the spot.

Today this came up while I was arriving at my usual spot. I noticed not much surface action or any at all really. I thought I would try another location just down the beach. I have been realizing in certain locations tide is key, while in other it's not as important. In some spots if it's isn't doing what the fish like,  sometimes it's better to just go and have breakfast and then come back when the time is right.

In the Manchester area, the sea run cutthroat seem to be more active during an incoming tide after about an hour from the low slack. I prefer fishing early during the sunrise time or on cloudy days. Luckily in Washington, as some of you may know,  we have cloudy days quite often.

As I write this, I must say that a fantastic place to pass the time as the tide is finishing it's slack, is the quaint Family Inn just down the road in Manchester. If you're ever in the area give them a try. They occasionally make an amazing cinnamon roll french toast that will make your day if no fish has yet.

Tight Lines!
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment