Sunday, February 23, 2014

Back at it.

Hey there folks. Sorry for the long hiatus, but I am back for more.

With the winter starting to wind down, as those warmer temp days approach, I want to talk about the change in food. This winter I have had great luck using orange woolys as well as a copper streamer in which I have been tying lately. These flashy fellows are still causing great numbers on their behalf but I cant help but notice a change in the attitudes of the SRCs.

As we approach the Spring you should start thinking about fry's. No, not McDonalds or Dicks fry's. The lively little guys that Cuttys go nuts over. I suggest you take a look into either tying your own chum fry patterns, or purchasing a decent amount of them. I have learned recently that no matter how many flies you think are enough, those sharp little teeth can ruin your day by destroying your supply. So tie A LOT! Tonight I tied a good number of fry patterns. Each varying in material. I intend to give each a try on my next outing to see which work best.

Another great fly, of course are clouser minnows. Although, I am going to try and stay away from these for a while. I have found a fondness for having near surface strikes. Nothing like a quick little bow wake and tail splash to get your heart pumping. The clousers seem to be just as effective, I just prefer the closer to surface fly. Either way get out there!!!

Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment